Did you know?
In the healthcare workplace, it can be hard to always keep a lighthearted attitude. However, just a couple minutes of laughter a day can make a huge impact in your life and in your clients lives!
By studying our inservice, "The Role of Humor in Healing", you'll learn all the ways that you can bring humor with you to your workplace. Also covered within this lesson are all of the roles that humor plays in the healing process. Scroll down for a sneak peek into the inservice:
(The following information was pulled from page 9 of the inservice, "The Role of Humor in Healing")
Key Points to Remember
1. Therapeutic humor is any activity that enhances health by promoting playful discovery, expression and appreciation of the absurdity of life's situations.
2. Humor improves people physically, mentally and socially by enhancing immunity, relieving stress, and strengthening relationships.
3. Passive humor is created by observing something funny. Humor production is the act of finding or creating humor in everyday situations.
4. Humor is an excellent and healthy coping strategy to use between co-workers to decrease stress, build stronger working relationships and increase job satisfaction.
5. Work on your own sense of humor! By developing your sense of humor, you will be able to bring more humor and laughter to your clients, co-workers, friends and family!